January 8th-No school
Warm Up: What is Consumer Math?
January 10th-No class
Warm Up: What is your personal definition of happiness? Can money buy you happiness? Why or why not?
Read the Happiness article and answer the questions in your journal.
1. What do you think about the idea that you won't be any happier making more than the happiness threshold for your state?
2. How do emotions and money tie together?
3. Write about an experience where you felt like money brought you happiness?
4. Name the salary you think you need to make in order to live the lifestyle of your choice. Travel? Shopping? A nice house? Equipment?
5. What geographic area do you hope to live in and how do you feel about the median salary in that area equaling happiness?
What job is most interesting to you and why? Take a guess at the yearly salary for that job.
Jess Adams-our College Counselor-will be in to do a career survey with us. By the end of class you will choose a job, know the salary and begin your 25 year old financial life. The rest of the class will be built on this class.
Complete the career survey in Naviance and then choose one career. The median salary will be the one you work with moving forward in class.
Use this link for instructions on how to access the career survey.
Write in your journal:
Check out the daily work and warm ups if you miss class and please make up the work! I want you all to succeed. I will accept late work for two weeks after it is due. Check in with me if something comes up!